Required as soon as possible
- Hours: 36.5 hours per week, term time only (39 weeks)
- Salary: Grade 4 (Points 29-32, FTE £26,470 – £29,055) Actual pro rata salary is £23.144 – £25,404. The point of the scale will be assessed depending on experience and qualifications.
- Status: Permanent
Cockshut Hill School provides a friendly and supportive working environment, valuing each individual. We are committed to providing our students with the best education they need to become confident, articulate and successful adults of the future. We are one of the few schools in Birmingham to receive The Rights Respecting Schools, UNICEF UK Gold Award, for successfully embedding children’s rights throughout the school in our practices and ethos. This is an exciting time for our school as we strive to improve and we are proud of our commitment to teaching and learning – our school motto is ‘Nothing But the Best’.
Currently we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and empathetic Behaviour Officer:
The Behaviour Officer will:
- Identify and investigate behaviour incidents around the school
- Contact and meet with parents
- Work with students to help them improve their behaviour
- Supervise the Isolation Unit on a rota basis
- Supervise C3 detentions on a rota basis
- Work with other staff to support their behaviour management capacity
- Undertake break and lunchtime duties as appropriate
- Support the requisite Head of House in maintaining high standards of behaviour, attendance, punctuality and uniform
- Assist in First Aid response as required
The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate they can be exceptionally well organised with superb communication skills; be able to relate well to both adults and young people and demonstrate an unequivocal commitment to contributing to the achievement of the trust’s mission statement. Knowledge of safeguarding requirements and demonstrable skills in leading and influencing others are essential elements of this role. In return we offer exciting and challenging roles within a very supportive team and the opportunity to develop your skills within this innovative and growing trust.
Cockshut Hill is part of the Summit Learning Trust comprising three secondary, four primary schools and The 6th Form College Solihull. This post will offer the opportunity to work with colleagues from Ninestiles and Lyndon Schools to share practice and planning. The Trust’s commitment to excellence is recognised nationally and internationally, and Ninestiles is a Teaching School which offers further opportunities for career development in working with other schools.
Why work for us?
- The Trust offers:
- High quality training and support
- Opportunities to work across a number of schools
- Employee assistance programme
- Employee discount schemes
SUMMIT LEARNING TRUST Mission Statement
Strength through diversity
Ambition through challenge
Excellence through curiosity
Please download an application form at the link below
Closing date midday on 01 March 2019.
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.