LUNCHTIME SUPERVISORS (5 Posts available)
– required to start as soon as possible
These posts are temporary until 31st December 2019 in the first instance.
- Hours – 12.5 hours per week, term time only. *Working hours will be 11.45PM – 2.15PM, Monday – Friday, term time only
*hours may need to be adjusted by the Principal from time to time and will be based on the school’s needs
- Salary – £8.75 per hour.
School Lunchtimes are an important part of the school day and we are currently seeking to appoint enthusiastic Lunchtime Supervisors who are passionate about working with young people to join our existing team as soon as possible.
You will be responsible for supervising students in the dining room, playground and / or classroom. Some responsibilities include supervising the students during lunch, assisting with keeping the dining halls clean, encouraging and promoting good behaviours, being a positive role model for the students and actively promoting good manners and consideration.
The successful applicant must:
· Be reliable, committed and interested in working with students and demonstrate the qualities of a good role model (qualities of compassion, trustworthiness, politeness and good listening skills)
· Have good interpersonal skills; be trustworthy, punctual as well as being patient and confident when working with children.
· Have experience or have a desire to work with students in a social environment within a secondary school setting. Previous experience of working with young people is an advantage but not essential.
· Able to work within a team.
· Good communication skills; oral and written.
· A genuine interest in supporting and caring for young people is a must!
Please complete the Trust application form which can be downloaded at the link below.
Closing date for the post is midday on Friday 25th January 2019 and we anticipate interviews to be held week commencing Monday 28th January 2019. Please note that if you have not heard back from us by Monday 28th January, your application has not been successful on this occasion.
The Summit Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.